Математика на страницах WWW
- 12th International Linear Algebra Society Conference
- All aspects of linear algebra
- American Mathematical Society: Mathematics Research and Scholarship
- Founded in 1888 to further mathematical research and scholarship, the American Mathematical Society fulfills its mission through programs and services that promote mathematical research and its uses, strengthen mathematical education, and foster awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and to everyday life.
The Society has over 28,000 individual members and 550 institutional members in the United States and around the world. Programs and services for AMS members and the mathematical community include professional programs such as meetings and conferences, surveys, employment services; publications including Mathematical Reviews (a database of nearly 2 million items covering over 60 years of mathematics literature), journals, and over 3,000 books in print; support for Young Scholars Programs and the Mathematical Moments program of the Public Awareness Office; resources such as MR Lookup for researchers and authors; and a Washington office that connects the mathematical community with the broader scientific community and with decision makers who determine science funding.
- Association for Symbolic Logic
- The Association for Symbolic Logic is an international organization supporting research and critical studies in logic. Its primary function is to provide an effective forum for the presentation, publication, and critical discussion of scholarly work in this area of inquiry.
The Association was founded in 1936, at a time when great advances in logic were beginnning to be made. Its first members were maily mathematicians and philosophers who perceived a common ground and sought to strengthen it. Recent research in other areas such as computer science, linguistics, and cognitive science has also been inspired by logic, and the current membership and activities of the Association reflects such expanding interests.
- Austrian Mathematical Society
- The ÖMG (Austrian Mathematical Society) is a union of mathematicians. Its goal is to promote mathematics and its applications in Austria.
- European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM)
- ERCIM - the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics - aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase co-operation with European industry.
- Finnish Mathematical Society
- Финляндия, Хельсинки
- Finnish Mathematical Society (SMY) is the society for professionals, appliers and students of mathematics. Its purpose is to advance mathematical thinking and research and overall interest in mathematics in Finland.
- International Association of Mathematical Physics
- Германия, Берлин
- The International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) was founded in 1976 in order to promote research in mathematical physics. The Association
invites mathematicians and physicists (including students) interested in this goal to become members.
- Lithuanian Scientific Society
- Lithuanian Scientific Society (LSS) is looking back on its development trying to reassess the role of science in modern society, and to find new forms of activity both within a country which is successfully strengthening its democratic system and abroad. LSS was established on 7 October 1989 - at a time when Lithuania was only awakening full of hope for independence and starting to shape its vision of a democratic system, at a time when ideas of restoring independence encouraged everyone to unite efforts and join into public organisations, and when it became possible to reform the existing system of science. The goal of the new organisation was the development and implementation of advanced organisational principles that would form the basis for the system of science and education.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- США, Филадельфия
- applied mathematics, computational science, interdisciplinary mathematics, computational mathematics
- St. Petersburg Mathematical Society
- Россия, Санкт-Петербург
- The South African Mathematical Society
- The South African Mathematical Society was founded in 1957 and has the advancement of mathematics in South Africa as its main objective. It has a membership of more than 200.
Main activities include:
1) publishes the research journal Quaestiones Mathematicae;
2) publishes a regular news letter Notices of the SAMS;
3) organises an annual congress;
4) coorganiser of the South African Mathematics Olympiad;
5) organises (with AMESA) the South African participation in the International Mathematics Olympiad ;
6) organises the annual Interprovincial Mathematics Olympiad;
7) represents (with AMESA) the interests of the mathematics community of the country on national and international structures
Последнее обновление: 18.04.2006
© 1996-2004, Институт вычислительных технологий СО РАН, Новосибирск
© 1996-2004, Сибирское отделение Российской академии наук, Новосибирск
Дата последней модификации: